CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 21, 2008

My Devotion Last Night [[Wednesday Night]]

Okay, So Monday afternoon..ish Sis. Amy called me and asked me if i would do a 5 minute devotion Wednesday Night [[last night]] and i freaked out at first, said okay, but after i got off the phone with her i started crying cause i knew i would be sooo nervous and i did NOT think i could do it! I prayed a little and everything and i started typing things out what to say. Well that was Monday/Tuesday. By yesterday afternoon, the Lord gave me ALOT of different things to say.. And so i deleted a lot of what i had from Monday/Tuesday and typed what i thought of yesterday. I KNOW it was the Lord talking to me and telling me what to say because stuff kept popping in my head and i would have NEVER thought of it on my own. I thank God for that devotion, if it was for no one else, it was for me.

So... those of you who would like to read it that werent there last night.. or that just would want to read it.. here it is...

-----
Because of Jesus I have Peace with God.


When Sis. Amy first called me and asked me to talk on "Because of Jesus I have Peace with God",
I really had to think on it, because it didn't make sense to me at the time. I just kept saying "Because of JESUS I have Peace with GOD"?!
But i prayed some, and thought on it a lot and finally had it make sense to me.

Having peace with God is the most wonderful, amazing, awesome thing you could ever ask for, Because to have that peace; You trust in Him with Everything in you. You lay all your burdens on Him because He wants to carry them for you.
He never wants His children to turn away from Him because they did not lay their burdens on Him, they just kept them all bottled up inside.

That's what I think of when I think of having complete Peace with God.

You know without ANY doubt that He will ALWAYS be there for you no matter WHAT because you have faith in Him; You should NEVER get upset with God;

We all want to think we know what's best for ourselves, and that we know how to fix things for ourselves, but we don't. HE has the bigger plan; It's not up to us what happens in life, It IS up to us to deal with it correctly and trust in Him with all that we have.

2 Corinthians 13:11 says; Finally, brethren, farewell Be perfect, be of good comfort be of one mind, live in peace, and the God of love and peace shall be with you.

I've heard the saying "I pray daily, God is easier to talk to than people" a million times.. But truly thinking about it.. thinking about how much easier God really is to talk to than people.. It's true.
He doesn't argue with you.. He helps you with whatever you need.. He's there day or night; When you talk, He listens. And most of all, We have PEACE with God because of Jesus.

2 Thessalonians 3:16 says; Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all.

He can and will give you peace that passes ALL understanding. He's done it for me before, and He'll do it for you.

John 16:33 says; These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Psalm 29:11 says; The Lord will give strength unto his people; the Lord will bless his people with peace.

James 2:16 says; And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
-----------



Let me know what you think! Thanks.

Love yall.

~k~

3 comments:

Tam said...

you did a great job!

Rachel said...

Thanks for posting it! I missed the last part because I had to take care of Emily... but I didn't want to miss it because I knew you were soooo nervous and I wanted to be there to support you. So thanks! Good job!

Kasey said...

Good job Katie, Praise the Lord.